Sunday, January 16, 2011

Parents & Me

After  yrs of marriage  my parents for the first time stayed with me at a stretch of some 15 days. Earlier their visit would be restricted  to 4-5 days at a max, but this time I managed to hold them for a slight longer period. I was kind of  a very pampered girl  before marriage. I never cooked much, I would cook or clean only when my mood wanted me to. Though my mom would be after me saying that typical Indian thing---what would you do after marriage?-- but it was my daddy who would always help me out from my mother’s grip.-- who would be after me to teach me some household chores(of course for my benefit only which I now realize)

I remember once when I was in 12th grade my mother had  a slight fever, she asked me to try & learn to make chappaties--thinking I would not be able to excuse myself now,, but but but here was my superman dad to help me out from her desire to entrap me. He came with a brand idea & declared---I don’t feel like having chappaties, I think I want to go for bread  & so once again I was saved or at least that’s what I  felt at that point of time-- their are innumerous instances & I will go on & on. Coming back to my present, they were surprised & quite pleased to see me taking care of my home, cooking  & other household chores. They couldn’t believe  I was the same little girl who always tried to escape work. They were quite impressed seeing me mange my roles of a wife, mother, cook, homemaker quite well, at least that’s what they felt--Our Daughter The Best-- that might be an exaggeration but parents will be parents. For them I am & will always be the best in the whole world & this I realize  now after being mother myself. I know for me my kids are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment