Friday, January 21, 2011

Kiddy Advise

My 3 kids--(2 kids and 1 their daddy- who is rather the smallest one) have this penchant to buy toys, toys & more toys. Initially when my first baby was small (hardly 3 months) I was also quite enthu about it & we would religiously pay our local toy shop  a monthly visit searching -The New Toy in Town. With the coming of the 2nd baby it just added on to it- Result- over the years we have developed a huge collection of toys (could be converted into a mini toy shop of our own-actually a good idea-isn’t it) so much so that one full room has been devoted to them & we are still running short of space.
I finally decided someone has to put a control on this, so who is going to take this unpopular job-- no one else but of course me. So now I have the tag of this grumpy mama as I try  to curtail the toy shop visits & at times also try to edify them to save money.

Now it just happened that last weekend I bought some artificial jewellery from the Lifestyle sale. When we reached home my son was sharp enough to return the lecture back to me." See mama you have wasted so much money. You have enough jewellery in the cupboard which you rarely use and this you are just going to stack up along with them. We could have saved the money  or at least bought something more useful." Not knowing what to say, it was  now my chance to listen quietly.

1 comment:

  1. Wow a room full of toys! Am yet to see something like that. But yea, kids are sure enough smart to give you a taste of your own medicine. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete