Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Halloween party

I know this post on Halloween is a bit delayed but better late than never so here it is. Come Oct31 & my son who is 8 yr old seemed to be more enthu about it than Diwali or any other festival. I mean 2 months before he was ready with his mask & sword & the final countdown began when it was 10 days to go & finally when the day came he was all set. equally enthu about it was I ( at least had to show him that) I painted him in black & red colors with his mask on. A big discussion went on as to which dress to wear. Finally zeroed on a all black one. My 3 yr old did not want to be left so even if she stayed at home she got herself painted as well. At last all ready he went for his trick or treat. Had a showdown with his group of friends but the gud part was that the fight didn’t pull him back. My confident boy was out alone with his trick or treat from door to door. When he came at our door he was like you can give whatever you want but because you are my mom I would be really happy if you could treat me with a can of cold drink. So his emotional mom story did work & he got his drink. He came back at 10 in the night with his bag full of goodies, happy & satisfied with his earnings & equally proud was I as he came to me & handed a big tobulerene from his bag to me saying mom this is for you. His sister caught him on the doorway & she let him in only when he gave her, her quota of hafta. The shine in his eyes of achieving something big, his bag full of hardwork. He is not even eating it just keeping next to his pillow & has almost daily fights over it with his sister.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see this post. He goes trick or treating in your housing complex? Pretty confident really to go it alone. KB would have cried had his friends rubbed him the wrong way on Halloween that too! So cute that he sleeps with the bag next to him! And sweet that he gave you his best chocolate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx noon,
    even i was surprised by the change because earlier even he would come sobbing after his fights but i am so glad to see that he is growing up & growing up quiet confidently at least till now.and yes i can say i was indeed very proud to get that choc from him, it must be one of my best gifts.

    ReplyDelete